HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
John Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:41:17 -0800
Excellent response! Many people are keeping there HP3000 and applications
for exactly this reason. Many customers, take a look at the tools that are
available for the application to make it successful. That is why when new
applications like say "data warehouse's or data mart's" are created, people
look for the best tools available on UNIX or NT. But, the HP3000 can be
viewed as a data warehouse too! There are several vendors that provide
solution's here on say a smaller HP3000. If they elect to purchase a UNIX or
NT solution, then they look at the best connectivity tools to augment their
HP3000 technology and coexist with other applications that are created on
the peripheral. Many HP3000 customers choose to coexist with the new
technology with software that provides connectivity. In turn the HP3000
provides some of the best application technology. Take a look at HP Open
Skies for example it runs circles around the Saber System from IBM, 10 times
more transactions can be processed. There are many stories around.
Hewlett-Packard themselves even run a majority of there applications on the
HP3000! Most of the mail-order, managed care, and distribution top sites run
on the HP3000!

Mark, our HP3000 community provides many testimonials at almost every vendor
site there are many stories from top name companies that have
mission-critical, e-commerce and everyday applications running on the
HP3000! The comparison below is a great testament to the HP3000. HP CSY
Marketing should make a HUGE deal in the tech rags about this! Many of us
still ask, why?

Good luck.

John Saylor
U.S. MPE Sales Manager
Quest Software, Inc.
"Ensuring Application and Information Availability"

Main        (949) 720-1434
Toll Free   (800) 306-9329 x8422
Direct      (949) 754-8422
Fax         (949) 754-8999