HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Steve Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:19:10 -0500
And one wonders why the legal system gets such little respect!

To my non-legal mind, posting a URL which points to a location is the same
as my posting (on the web or anywhere else) that the latest best-seller can
be found at bookstores A, B and C.

Since the actual material remains on the original site, and the link clearly
would show that it is somewhere else, and if the site posting the link is
not claiming ownership, I fail to see copyright problems.  Don't most web
sites desire such links and publicity?  (Feel free to widely publicize the
web site I maintain for a non-profit organization - www.buckeyetrail.org
(oops - /shameless plug!!:) ).

Steve Miller
Portion Pac, Inc