HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Noel Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Noel Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:55:16 -0500
Mark Wonsil wrote:

> OK, now that I have your attention, especially Alfredo ;-).  On my
> Thanksgiving holiday, I spoke with my sister who had just purchased an iMac
> from MacZone (Mail Order Catalog).  The folks at MacZone warned her that
> Apple will only allow MacZone to return three units per year!  She continued
> the transaction anyway..  Sure enough, after 4 days, she could no longer
> mount her hard disk.  She called Apple support and they concluded it was a
> hardware problem and they told her to return it to the place of purchase.
> Well, MacZone cannot return it as they used up their three units for the
> year.  She is now stuck with a broken Apple and no way to return it.  I find
> this business practice quite unbelievable.  So if you do buy an Apple, make
> sure you can return it if/when things go awry.

While I am not a MAC lover, I find the above hard to believe.  I have
also
dealt with dealers like MacZone.  I have been told to contact the
manufacturer, because it warrants the equipment.  The manufacturer (HP)
sent
out a repair man (from IBM, but that's another story) who fixed it on
the
spot.

Bottom line is, does this mean that Apple does not give a warranty with
their IMacs??

Nick D.