HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:49:18 -0800
Re:
> THE FOLLOWING REPLIES ARE PENDING:
> 8:33/#J2518/0/Tape volume 6 on dev 8 is part of the current store volumeset;
> mou
> nt another
> :REPLY 0,0

> The response center says that the computer will need to be bounced (not a
> good option the computer is being accessed 24X7.)  There is no problem in
> leaving the message.  I personally would like to get rid of the reply
> pending.

Short of a reboot, it might be possible to determine what process should be
waiting for the reply, and investigate editing the REPLY table/data-structures
to insert the correct PIN, and then do a REPLY to satisfy it.  Of course, there
are no guarantees here.

If you have the appropriate level of support, you might suggest that your
support provider try that.

Stan
Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler