HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:41:49 +0100
Larry,

if these the rather old HP-IB disk arrays you should become carefully: they will
no longer supported from 6.5 onwards.

We're still using such devices on the Sys_Vol only and do not have had problems.
It's recommended to have an H/W contract with HP or an official partner. In case
of a problem on one module you need to run FLEXDIAG which is a password
protected tool within SYSDIAG.

On private volumes we prefer Mirrored Disk and cheap SCSI disks.

Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany

[log in to unmask] on 06/12/99 10:59:33 PM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]