HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:45:39 -0600
As I recall MANMAN is FORTRAN 77/iX, and most ASK
clients have the source code, and MADMAN makes use
of a limited number of date routines.  With all that said,
here's what I did in a similar situation, not MANMAN but
the same logic applies.

An old G/L accounting app, written in Fortran 66/V on
the HP3000. It made use of only one routine to read in
dates from the $STDIN. The date read in is just ASCII
characters, so I added some special dates, outside of
the standard date formats. I modified the date routine to
accept ASCII characters like :TODAY[+/-nnn],
NEXTSAT, LASTWED, MOEND, MOBEG, YREND,
and so on. Then use contributed software like SLEEPER
or MASTEROP for job scheduling.  Actually, I think MASTEROP
has some job parm capability built into it and it's free.

For example:

To enter yesterdays date in a job stream/terminal read
 you would type

TODAY-1

Or 90 days ago

TODAY-90

Michael Anderson
Student Services Programmer/Analyst
Spring Independent School District, Houston, Texas, 77090
281.586.1105