HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 5

From:
"Holloway, Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holloway, Rich
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:07:37 -0800
I find this test to be invalid as presented. It forces the test taker to
make assumptions which usually causes things to be done improperly.

For question 1:
        Does the refrigerator have a lock on it?
        If so, is the lock locked?
        Is the refrigerator big enough for the giraffe as a whole or does
the giraffe have to be modified to fit?

For question 2:
        Is it the same refrigerator? The answer gives the answer thus
forcing an assumption.
        Again with the size.

For question 3:
        Is the elephant still in the refrigerator? Again answered in the
answer thus forcing an assumption.

For question 4:
        The question is stated improperly. It says the river is *filled*
with crocodiles. How can the river be full of crocodiles if all the animals
are at the conference?
        Is the conference over or still going on?

The true answers to the questions as started are more questions. Answering
the questions without fully understanding the situation does not make for a
professional, seeking clarification is what makes the professional.

Rich Holloway
Systems Administrator
Providence Health Plans
Phone: (503) 574-7457
Fax: (503) 574-8614
http://www.providence.org

The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my company. They belong
solely to me.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. --
Mario Andretti