HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 5

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:55:40 +0000
Ernie Newton wrote :
[snip]
> I never killed an Apache, nor did I ever own a slave.
> Different places, different times.
> I,being a veteran of Vietnam, am offended by these types of attitudes.

Yes, it is very different killing Vietnamese in their own country, of
course.

> I think the international point is that this country is based on freedom and
> opportunity, why else all the immigrants?  God bless the United States!

I don't want to go into a discussion about the so-called "freedom and
opportunity" in the USA, that is for a different forum.
Of course there will always be different viewpoints and, unfortunately,
in my view, the above American nationalism combined with ignorance is a
primary reason why the USA is so unpopular across many regions of the
world.
Personally, I enjoyed my stay in the USA but it takes all sorts.

The Thanksgiving thread is probably dead now, but I feel it was best
summed up at the site :

http://www.indians.org/welker/thanksgi.htm

(Thank you Barbara Burnett).

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]            "If at first you don't succeed...
Web : http://www.hp3000links.com       Don't take up sky-diving !"
"All your HP3000 resources on the Net"
Mirror: http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~jdunlop