HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 5

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:12:18 -0500
James Clark writes:

> So to make a long story short, you may have seen the contents of your
> counters which indicated possible bad memory, but when you rebooted and/or
> told the system to validate the memory, everything checked out OK and the
> counters were zeroed out for the next time.

I guess I should have mentioned that several reboots between July (when I
first learned about the MEMRPT command) and 11-25-1999 have failed to clear
up the memory error.  That is, the memory would indeed register as okay
right after the reboot, however the error would soon reappear:  the same
error and the same cards.  Only since the physical tampering with the cards
has the error disppeared for (what appears to be) good.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231