HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 4

From:
Tom Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:01:41 +0000
Scott,

Thanks much for that information!  There was in fact a profile with
record width > 510.  I removed it and reassigned a different profile
for the only LDEV that was using the removed one.  Now we're
ready to attempt the upgrade again next week.  Thanks again,

Tom

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:23:48 -0500, in comp.sys.hp.mpe you wrote:

>Tom,
>
>This will sound strange, but look in your nmmgr profiles.
>
>file nmmgrcmd=$stdinx
>nmmgr
>NMMGR>openconf nmconfig.pub.sys
>NMMGR>pathconf dts
>NMMGR>summaryconf dts profile
>NMMGR>exit
>
>This will list all of the profiles.  If you have a TIO
>device with a record width > 510 bytes, the system will
>hand at DCC startup.
>
>Change any profiles that are greater than 510 and you'll
>be able to boot.  You can do a start norecovery single-disk
>to get the system up far enough to change the profiles.
>
>Scott
>>
>> MPE admin gurus,
>>
>> I'm trying to do a v5.0 to v5.5 MPE/iX upgrade from DDS
>> tape and am having a serious problem.  The machine is
>> a series 957, 96MB RAM, five 1.35GB SCSI disks with a
>> DDS-2 DAT drive.  I am using the "update with tape" check
>> list.
>>
>> The machine hangs on the reboot from primary boot path
>> after applying the v5.5 SLT (in my v5.5 System Software
>> Maintenance Manual, it's pages 5-6 thru 5-9 -- Applying
>> the SLT).  After booting from the alternate boot path,

<rest of original post & reply snipped>