HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 4

From:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:03:21 +0530
This error is thrown out when the transaction log becomes full. Image
transactions are covered by transaction manager (XM). All the open
transactions are logged by XM on a log file. Currently, XM supports a single
transaction of size can be upto 4 MB. Also there is a definite limit for the
XM log. When a single transaction exceeeds 4 MB or when the XM log become full
XM, informs IMAGE accordingly. IMAGE will rollback all the open transactions
which is the best option to do at this point, and abort the process (in this
case ISQL), after showing the stalled transaction message.

However, with the next release of MPE/iX, there are better options to handle
such situations.

Regards,
Vikram