HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:22:57 -0800
We ran across a strange situation, last week, while trying to install new
Y2K-compliant Cisco model 1000 bridges to service our remote DTC link, replacing
two 3COM Netbuilder II bridges.  When the new bridges were installed, we
verified that we could poll both the local and remote DTC's, and we successfully
reset one DTC in each location.  However, when we attempted to access a remote
system from a local DTC terminal, the connection failed and timed out.  Backing
out I'm unable to think of what might have caused this, and we're going to retry
the installation this week.  I'm concerned that our network folks might have
missed a configuration step on the new bridges, and they know virtually nothing
about these systems and DTC's.  Can anyone provide some insights?

TIA,
----
Lee Gunter                    The Regence Group
Supervisor, TRG HP/MPE Systems     503.375.4498
----
Opinions expressed are solely mine.