HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:17:12 EST
Barry Lake wrote me privately:

>  >...After an extensive 10 minute search,
>  >the following was offered:
>  >
>  >      AICS Research   =>  Crash? I care.
>
>  What are the rules of anagrams? Are you required to use all the original
>  letters, or can you leave some out? Your company name has two s's and two
>  e's. The anagram doesn't. But if you add them back in, you might get
>
>         AICS Research   =>  I see car crash.
>
>  >which is, of course, exactly the statement you'd expect from any
>  >HP3000 vendor -- and which is a heck of lot better than one of the
>  >alternatives: "caries ache" :-).
>
>  See above. It should probably be "carries aches".

Barry's right. There were two (count 'em) errors in my posting. The first was
my fault. I was mistaken in what I heard and consequently mistyped the
phrase; the second was just plain wrong (two letters were dropped).

Anyway, by now a complete dialog has been generated here:

       AICS Research  =>  Crashes? I care.          (note: the correct phrase)
       AICS Research  =>  Search is race.
       AICS Research  =>  Search is care.
       AICS Research  =>  Ace search, sir!

and

       AICS Research  =>  Chair creases.

The last one doesn't have anything to do the the dialog, but it contains a
lot more truth than poetry.

Wirt Atmar