HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Seamus Perso <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Seamus Perso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:37:34 +0100
We've just moved to MPE/iX 6.0 with Samba in the bundle.
I'm the IT man and have never worked in an Unix environnement.
I can enter the shell and wander around the directories ...

There seems to be quite a bit of doc delivered with Samba ... stuff on the
CD, html files, /docs readme files etc ...  and it's a bit complicated
knowing where to start.

I was looking for documentation from HP aimed at MPE people such as myself.
Then I found a SETUPJ file in /PUB.!!!
That led me to think that HP has found some nifty way to set up Samba for
MPE people.
Was that being too optimistic ? Where do  I start.

Also, how can I edit the smb.conf file when I don't know anything about vi ?

TIA

Seamus Browne