HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Stephen Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:46:38 -0500
Barry's e-mail brought up a couple of good points, most notably the facts
that you do need TurboSTORE/iX to perform a disk-to-disk STORE, and that the
MPE file codes are lost.

Regarding TurboSTORE vs. vanilla STORE, we've been using TurboSTORE for so
long I had forgotten about the differences between the two.

As for the lost file codes, since we always STORE and then RESTORE files, we
don't lose any file codes.

And when we transfer using BINARY, we don't have to enter a record size.  I
don't know if Minisoft does something behind the scenes or if by coincidence
the record length STORE uses is the same as Minisoft's default.  I'll have
to check that one out.

Finally, since we do not use Reflections, I can't comment on the LABELS
format.  It sounds pretty slick, though.

Steve Douglass
BFGoodrich Aerospace