HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:31:24 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>
, John Korb <[log in to unmask]> writes

>And why isn't the LaserJet one of the major innovations for the 1980's?
>The ThinkJet, yes (I have two of those at home and they still work great),
>but why not the LaserJet?  Wasn't it the HP2686 (original LaserJet) that
>killed off the daisy-wheel printers?  Wasn't it the LaserJet that made HP
>the major player in the printer market?

Well, wasn't it Canon who invented the LaserJet technology, and HP just
packaged and marketed it?

Admittedly, startlingly better than anything they ever marketed before -
the 'interview' with HP before they would let my company have its HP3000
Series III was almost more exacting than the one that the company gave
me for the DP Manager's job in the first place...

But, unless HP want a logo that says 'License', I guess they have to
soft-pedal the LaserJet :-(
--
Roy Brown     'Yes, sure we can bolt the NLS on afterwards, Marvin.
Kelmscott Ltd  I mean, we only found out about the need recently, on