HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:27:33 -0500
Item #1:  Several people have asked if the digest format of the list
could be reduced in size by increasing the frequency of distribution.
While Listserv doesn't allow for smaller intervals than daily for the
digest, it does support a size limit which once exceeded causes the
current cumulative digest to be pushed immediately and a new digest
starts.  It could, for example, push a digest once it exceeded 1000
lines.

If there are some strong sentiments for or against reducing the digest
sizes at the cost of more issues, please reply to me directly and I'll
summarize the responses.

(Off-Topic Administrivia)
Item #2:  On the SETI @ Home front, our Team HP3000 club broke into
the club top 100 several weeks ago.  But after rising to #79, we are
now back on the fall at #81.  So... if any of our readers that aren't
already participating in SETI@Home, or haven't affiliated with a group
yet, consider starting and joining Team HP3000-L.  You can get full
information and the download from http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu.

For those that are participating and have Win98 or NT (not 95), they
will both run the command line NT version.  Much faster processing times
than the GUI screensaver.  Increase your efficiency!

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>