HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:50:35 -0800
Eben Yong wrote:

> We just used IOCONFIG.PUB.SYS to add a network printer to our HP3000.  Now,
> it's printing great from the HP3000, but only in landscape... the formatting
> is fine, but my question is, how do we spool files to the new device so that
> it prints in portrait mode, compressed fonts?  We still want to maintain
> backwards compatibility with existing line printer devices.  Thank you.

try the following: listfile [log in to unmask],2      you should see (at least)
these files listed...

PCLELITD
PCLELITE
PCLLP
PCLLPD
PCLPOST

if you list the entire contents of .hpenv.sys, you should see alot of PENV files
-- ignore them :-)  the pcl files, however, contain laser jet escape sequences.
for what you asking, i'd start with pclelite and see what you think.  you can
always create your own environment file(s) if you don't like the standard
collection from hp.  we have a file that we attach globally that simply contains
<esc>E -- to reset the printer.  i believe the collection of laser jet escape
codes is available at hp's web site.     hth            - d

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer