HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:15:36 -0600
I have been working with HP on a similar issue where store bits are being
set on files, or not being reset when the backup has completed, that has not
yet been resolved, but an escalation engineer has been digging in deep to
try and determine the cause.

By any chance, is the remote system using RoadRunner for its backups?
Are you running MPE/iX 6.0?

If the program that HP sent you is Clean21 (as they did me)... you could run
it immediately before you do your restore which should reset most of the LAT
table entries. Just be sure that no other store process is going on at the
same time.