HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]
(847) 870-2175

-----Original Message-----
From: Boris Kortiak [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 3:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Copy library full, how do I expand it.

I'm trying to add another file to my copy libraries. COBEDIT exits
with an error before completing. Checking with KSAMUTIL shows that the
number of records = EOF. How do I expand this file to allow for more
records? [...]39_2Nov199916:09:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 06:36:34 -0500
Denys writes about the lack of W95/95A/95B lacking VPN,

This is all correct, although there was an option to add it to 95B (OEMSR2), it
was not publically available - it was an OEM release.

Win98 has it, as does NT, and Win2000 will give it to you as an option during
install as well as configuring a DUN connectoid.

Note that we have VPN running on one NT box here - and it works quite well in
connecting me from this dial-up land (wherever I may be) to the office network
and encrypting my sessions to it, however, ensure you are on at least SP4
(current is SP6, folks) as a few holes are fixed in the interim.

VPN for the W9x client is a DUN upgrade, which can be found at the MS Website
at this address:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wunetwork
ing/dun13win95/default.asp

(note that the above is split over two lines - you need the entire URL to get
to it).

Regards,
Joe