HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:40:23 -0700
>Instead of manually adjusting the "configure" script for MPE/iX, you
>might also use an "MPE-ized" version of GNU autoconf to recreate the
>configure script with MPE-specific tweaks.

>As far as I understand, the recent versions of GNUCORE do contain an
>appropriate version of GNU autoconf and GNU m4 in /usr/local/bin, so
>you won't even have to download add'l tools here.

Lars is correct.

I have a generic "configure.mpe" script that is always the first
thing I run against a source hierarchy. This is the one I use for gcc
(Note that you may need to change some of the options on the last line
such as enable-threads=dce for some other ports):

#
# MPE is by definition a "shared" environment and the configure scripts
# will fail to correctly determine whether or not something exists by
# simply doing a compile. Rerun autoconf to update the configure scripts.
# Use the autoconf from
#   http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/gnu
#
# Find configure.in scripts containing AC_INIT and run autoconf in those
# directories.
for f in `find . -name configure.in`
do
        fgrep AC_INIT ${f} > /dev/null
        if [ $? = 0 ]
        then
                echo Processing ${f}
                (cd `dirname ${f}`; autoconf)
        fi
done

export CFLAGS="-I/usr/contrib/include -DSYSV -D_POSIX_SOURCE \
-D_SOCKET_SOURCE -D_MPEIX_SOURCE -D_MPEXL_SOURCE"
export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export CPPFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export LDFLAGS="-lsocket -lcurses -lsvipc -ldce"
export CC=gcc
export CPP="gcc -E"

mkdir obj-MPE
cd obj-MPE
./configure --with-gnu-as --disable-pic --disable-shared \
--enable-threads=dce