HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Craig Vespe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:18:53 EST
Dennis writes -

> Hi all,
>
>  Our company has a program/system called KLA Express. This program was
>  originally from Tymlabs, then went to Unison, then to Tivoli, then to
>  the bit bucket.

   First, let me set the record straight on KLA's history.  Unison bought the
product
   from Joe Alongi prior to Unison's purchase of Tymlabs.  I worked at Unison
   at the time, and also worked on the KLA product in the MPE 3.0-4.0 era.

> IBM (Tivoli) lists this program as non Y2k ready. As an
>  added attraction, we are installing MPE/ix 6.0. I am wondering if
>  anyone knows if this program will work under the 6.0 version? Also,
>  will it go completely belly up in January or can we actually still use
>  it. Any information you can supply would be very helpful. Oh yes,
>  apparently, no one is supporting this program presently. The other MPE
>  applications from Unison went ROC Software, but not KLA Express.

   Not sure if the product will work under 6.0, but pretty sure it wasn't
enhanced
   to use 6.0's (6.5?) multiple stream queues.  Since he is back in the
business,
   I'd call Joe Alongi @ Technikal, Inc. (813-784-5976).  He's got products
QMS
   and CMS that are supported, and he is the original author of KLA.

   cv