HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:05:04 -0800
Hi, Jean

1. Have you check with terminator?
Terminator has to be connect both end on 10 base-2 BNC(British) connector
It absorbed SWR(I forgot abbrev) signal between coax-cable.
If signal is weak connect repeater(clean the signal) between 10 base-2 cable.

2. Have you check duplication on IP address on each clients?
Some time duplicate IP address can be cause connection lost, in TCP/IP protocol.

Cheers
Peter C.

SR. ERP/MRP Analyst

>>> jean huot <[log in to unmask]> 11/04 9:10 AM >>>
Included is a diagram of the present network configuration.  The T`s represent termination connectors.  The Internet is connected to a separate Ethernet card on the Linux
box.

When I connect the Linux to the Collection or Consumer system (seperately), I get full telnet access to the HP3000 and the internet.

When I connect both HP3000`s together, I lose the connection to the Linux box.

P.S.  Only the end users at the bottom have RJ-45 connections, the rest is all BNC type connectors.

Any Guru in networking explain to me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you
Jean Huot
Northern Credit Bureaus Inc.
(819) 762-4351