HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:28:48 +0100
Hi,

what we found out after PP7 installation was that we had to change the Posix
permissions in general the following way:

chmod.hpbin.sys "-R o+r /usr/man/"
chmod.hpbin.sys "-R o+r /usr/lib/"
chmod.hpbin.sys "-R o+r /etc/"

and for the sake of Sendmail/iX
change file /etc/mailx.rc via vi to point to /SENDMAIL/PUB/SENDMAIL instead of
TSMAIL,
:CHMOD.HPBIN "777 /usr/mail" and :CHMOD.HPBIN "644 /etc/mailx.rc",
:LINKEDIT ALTPROG TSMAIL.HPBIN.SYS;cap=BA,IA,PH,PM

If you had a localized /etc/profile it has been overwritten as well by the HP
default one's
so that I always have a /etc/profile.local to be copied to /etc/profile

Hope that will help, best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany

[log in to unmask] on 04/11/99 07:16:14 AM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]