HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Campbell Fethers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Campbell Fethers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:16:14 +1000
Tom Emerson writes that he cannot get Sendmail/iX to work without SM
capability:

We also found file permissions confusing....

Any time that the Sendmail/iX's configuration is changed, you have to
remember to reset the file permissions.

Finally, I moved sendmail.cf to /SENDMAIL/PUB/etc and created a link to it
in /etc.
newlink /etc/sendmail.cf /SENDMAIL/PUB/etc/sendmail.cf

Any time that the sendmail.cf may have changed, we execute the following
before starting JDAEMON:
chown SERVER.SENDMAIL /SENDMAIL/PUB/etc/sendmail.cf
chmod 0644 /SENDMAIL/PUB/etc/sendmail.cf

Likewise for aliases & majordomo.aliases

We have never tried to use MAILX. Instead we created a shell script which
runs /SENDMAIL/PUB/SENDMAIL See Mark Bixby's MAILSPF for a comprehensive
example.

Since we did this, Sendmail/iX has been wonderful.

I hope this helps
Campbell Fethers
Systems Manager
CANNEX (Aust) Pty Ltd