HP3000-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:46:20 -0800
Thanks to the FAQ at 3k.com, I know that it's possible to transfer files
over a serial connection (from 3000 to Solaris) via Kermit and Xmodem.

(Actually, I used to download files all the time from SunOS to the Mac
via Zmodem, but cleverly missed the detail that it was a serial connection.
I'm just lucky to know how to spell "netwerking." ;)

And again thanks to 3k.com, I've uploaded versions of Kermit and Xmodem
to the 3000.

The question is, though...

   How do I use them?

That is, say I'm on the Solaris box and want to pull down an ASCII file.
Can I do this with no commands given manually on the 3000 side, much as
we do every day with FTP?

If that's not possible, can a file be pushed from the 3000 side with
no user intervention on the Solaris side?  I'd rather have the Solaris
side in control, but I'd be happy just to get it working. :)

Thanks in advance!

--Glenn