UTCSTAFF Archives

November 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Lee Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:21:16 -0500
UTC's Undergraduate Admissions Office has scheduled a Mentors Day for local
minority high school students on Friday, November 5, 1999.  Our goal is to
enhance these students awareness of college life through a visitation day.
Each high school student will be paired with a UTC minority student to
experience a typical day in the life of a college student here at UTC.

We would ask that you welcome these students into your classrooms,
organizational meetings, work-study sites, as well as the residence halls
and allow them to participate in typical college activities.  We would also
encourage your personal interaction with these students during their visit.
 A positive experience for these high school students will be very
beneficial to our UTC community in the near future.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Lee Pierce
Orientation & Recruitment