HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 5

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:36:51 -0400
Especially for those who post and receive on Usenet:

The gateway will be down for a couple of hours today, starting at about 9:00 AM
EDT (-0500).  Servers will be moving to a new location, and our link will be
changing from a Frame connection to a Full Point-to-Point connection to the
'net.

This should result in faster throughput (hopefully) and provide more reliable
service as we will not longer have to hop through our local telco's frame, to
get to our ISP's frame.  It also saves us costs almost immediately.

We should be back up and running around Noon EDT (-0500) (God willing, and if
Murphy stays under his rock!)

In addition, we have now come to the point where we will be changing providers
for the gateway.  Expect this to happen over the next week.  Your headers will
include DIGEX and not necessarily include CCCD.  We want thank Mark Bixby
(while he was there), and his sucessor(s) for supporting us while we negotiated
the move.

Just thought you'd all want to know, in case you see a burp in usenet posts.

Regards,
Joe