HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
John Krussel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:48:35 -0600
Since Image places records Serially (unless there is a delete chain) there
is probably a very small chance that the same customer placed two orders one
right after another. In that case your test will almost always fail and
you'll have to do the Find and the Get. If you read all the entries first,
sort them by Cust# and then go through them again getting any additional
data, there is a greater likelihood that you will already have the record
you want in your buffer. And have to do less reading

John