HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Grace Ortscheid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:10:31 EST
I thought this joke was worth sharing...

A man is in bed with his wife when there is a knock on the door.  He
rolls over and looks at the clock.  It's half past three in the
morning.   "I don't care who it is, I'm not getting out of bed at
this time" he thinks to himself and rolls over.

Soon,  a louder knock follows.  "Aren't you going to get the door?"
his wife asks.  So, he drags himself out of bed and goes downstairs.
He opens the door and there is a man standing there.

Immediately, the homeowner realizes the man is drunk.  "Hi there"
slurs the stranger.  "Can you give me a push?"  "No, get lost! It's
half past three in the morning!  I was in bed!"  screams the man as
he slams the door.

He goes back to bed and tells his wife what happened.  She remarks
"Honey, that wasn't very nice of you.  Remember the night we broke
down in the pouring rain and you had to knock on the elderly couple's
door in the middle of night? What would have happened if he'd told us
to get lost?  I think you should help him, Maybe you can call
someone for him if he shouldn't be driving."

So, the husband gets out of bed again, gets dressed and goes
downstairs.  He opens the door but can't see anyone in the dark, so
he shouts "Hey, do you still want a push?"  He hears a voice cry out
"Yes, please."  "Where are you?" asks the homeowner.  The stranger
slurs, "I'm over here, on your swing, I need a push"