HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Bonnie Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:54:50 +0000
I have used REVEAL3000, its a pain in rear to set up but once is there is nice
to work with.
It has automatic retention & deletion options which is nice because essentially
itself maintained but does not give you the option of storing reports off-line,
IIRC.

I have also used Vista by Quest which is very easy to setup, users find it
easier to use
because of the way it manipulates the data and it stores reports off-line. Now,
it does not have
retention or deletion option when I used it some years back. Quest might of
added
enhancement since then.

I have recently tested byRequest by Hillary Software for one of the Finance
folks and he loved it.
The user has to have access to the system prompt because it issues mpe command
from it's GUI interface, and I wasn't too happy with that for obvious reasons,
security.

Bonnie Roman
HP3000 sysadmin
WorldColor Press