HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
"Paul H. Christidis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:13:00 -0700
The HP CE will be the first one to admit that this utility is very slow.  The
last and only time that we used it required 2 hours to copy a 2GB disk to tape
and 2 more hours to copy it back.  Whether its use is warranted strictly depends
on the amount of disk space on your system, the number of tape drives available,
and if you can perform your reload in parallel.

This past Sunday we replaced 2 4GB drives and the CE estimated that it would
take 8 hours using that utility.  We took the 'reload' method and were done in
3.25 hours (~70GB using 4 DDS2 tape drives in parallel).

Regards
Paul H. Christidis