HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Robert Joseph <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:37:32 -0400
The following was my contribtion on the 3kworld site in the section to
"Say Goodbye to Harry Sterling":

Harry, I just wanted to add my thanks to you for all the great work you
have done on behalf of the HP3000 division and HP in general.

NPD has been an HP customer almost since the beginning of the computing
division's birth (Series CX, which we have a photo of from 1975).  To
this day we rely heavily on the HP3000 systems and greatly appreciate
your efforts to ensure its longevity and continuing success.

In my opinion, you have been the most effective General Manager who has
ever lead the CSY division.  Your insight and willingness to listen to
customers and act on their feedback has set an example for all of HP and
even for our approach here at NPD.  I attribute the enthusiasm and
aggressiveness within CSY directly to your leadership.

Also not to be overlooked is your outstanding staff development skills.
You have brought the best and brightest into CSY and cultivated them to
follow on in your footsteps.  There is no finer example of this than
Winston Prather.  We remain extremely confident of the future of the
HP3000 under his direction, and that is a testament to you as well as
him.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, and I hope you continue to keep
in touch with the HP3000 community.

Sincerely,
Robert Joseph
The NPD Group