HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
"Matteson, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matteson, Todd
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:35:03 -0400
As I hold for the Response Center, could someone verify what I believe I
just read in MPE/ix 5.5 manual on Page Level Recovery.  Not knowing if there
could be two way communication with a Jetdirect box and the HP Spooler could
be the issue here.  (Please excuse the ignorance!)

Is it true that I won't be able to do page level recovery if I have an
HP2567B printer with parallel interface that connects to an HP Jet Direct
box sitting on a network from the HP3000?  If yes, I'll proceed.  If not,
I'll hang up.  Either way, I'll try to find a discussion on this subect in
the archives on this subject.  The manual states several printers can do
PLR, but, I didn't see in a recent discussion here, or, in the manual
referencing PLR with Jetdirect Boxes.  I don't know if there is a way to
have a Jetdirect box controlling a line printer to 'know' everything it
needs to do PLR.

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion on this subject.  And the RC just
said "NO, try using SPIFF to do <essentially manual PLR> it".

Todd Matteson
Business Application Manager
Huffy Service First
8521 Gander Creek Drive