HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:32:03 -0400
To answer your question I would need to know how many shifts your Data
center runs. You pretty much need one operator per shift. AMISYS does not
lend itself to "lights out" operations. As for System Managers one will
suffice for both your HP3000s. You may be able to get away with having the
same person be the HP-UX administrator. However, the imaging system made
need its own administrator.

AMISYS has a technical users group that could be very helpful to you. I have
forgotten how to subscribe but some friendly lister probably knows.

Best of luck,
Joseph Rosenblatt
The opinions expressed here are my own and based upon observation.