HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:44:15 -0500
One gotcha can occur when configuring an additional printer onto an existing
device class.  If you do not stop the spooler before the DOIONOW command
there is a chance that the IO changes will not take effect.

Example.  You have the device class LP01 with ldev 1400 assinged.  You want
to assign 1401 to the class LP01 also (for load ballancing or whatever).
You should enter the command "SPOOLER LP01;STOP", or some equivelant, prior
to the DOIONOW command.

Carl McNamee
Systems Administrator
Billing Concepts