HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Kees Kraaijenoord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kees Kraaijenoord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:23:37 -0400
Jim,

Here in Holland we did try to use an AutoRAID with our HP3000.
At first we waited a long time for the drivers. After we finally received
them it took us quite a while to get it up and running (with the help of
HP). However, an @[log in to unmask]@ restore was very slow. HP´s assistance was also poor
so we decided to cancel the AutoRaid adventure. We are now back on HASH
units.
Mind you: maybe we just had bad luck. We are using third party backup
software and maybe there is a mismatch somewhere there. We had no time to
figure it all out however.

Greetings.