HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:29:49 -0400
Thanks for all the replies.  Since the use of the console is really
limited most of the time and I could log on as a different user if need
be, I think I will go with the idea of using a vesoft menu and just
eliminate access to the prompt altogether.

As a stopgap measure, I did manage to remember what I was talking about.
I set up a (in this case) user level udc called LIMIT which just
displays an error message.  Underneath that, I have another command with
nonsense letters (QMZOALWO) that executes the limit command without
recursion ... so it doesn't realize that the dummy LIMIT command is even
there and executes correctly.  So then, in places where the limit
command was being used in jobs, I changed them to use the random string
of characters.  The users in question aren't sophisticated enough to do
showcatalogs and get around this, so this will work for now, until I get
that menu done.  Again, thanks.
        Tom Hula
        Victor S. Barnes