HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:13:43 -0700
Tom writes:

> Nope, wrong error -- the compiler is returning
>    error 1615:  Default parameter specification not supported.
>
> Your example shows:
> >  error 1634: Missing arguments only allowed on intrinsic calls.
>
> Kevin Miller pointed out that the compiler flag "+e" needs to be included in
> the info parm/CCOPTS variable in order for "pragma intrinsic" to actually

We're both right!

My error was in not cutting/pasting your original text.  I just typed in
a quickie ... and the key difference is that since I omitted paramters
on "main", I didn't realize I was compiling with K&R syntax, not ANSI
syntax.  As it turns out:

   #pragma intrinsic who
   int main ()
   {
   char UserName[8];
      who(,,,UserName);
      printf ("Hello %s\n",UserName);
   }

doesn't generate a compiler error when compiled as:

   :ccxl foo

But *does* generate the "Default parameter specification not supported."
error when compiled:

   :ccxl foo,,,-Aa

Strange...I think it's quite bad of the compiler to properly handle
"pragma intrinsic" in one mode and not the other (when both omit the "+e").
Either both should work or neither should work.

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/