HP3000-L Archives

October 1999, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:15:27 -0400
I've been using Basic and Business Basic for ten years. They have a
converter (BBCT3000 or something like that) which will convert classic
Basic into Business Basic.

You can OCTCOMP classic programs to speed them up somewhat.

Any Growthpower shop or PowerCrew affiliate probably has every Basic
utility and module there is. Gavin Scott wrote a Basic editor
enhancement called PHANTASM. The feature I like is that it will make a
random sarcastic comment at you if you make a typo. Things like:

 - "Huh? I must have been dozing. Could you type that again?"

 - "Why don't you try COBOL. Or Pascal maybe?"

 - "I/O, I/O, It's of to Disk I Go!"

 - "Uh Oh, You're Productivity is Dropping Fast!"

 - "Does you're Mother know what you do for a living?"

 - "Do you live in a Yellow Subroutine?"

and my favorite:

 - "SESSION ABORTED BY SYSTEM MANAGEMENT"

(followed by a five-second pause, then)

 - '7"(Just Kidding)"