HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:46:10 -0700
Hi, Mark,

You should have been sent a subsys tape and the interface card for the 100Base-T
Link product.  We purchased a 979KS-200 last year, with the card pre-installed,
but the link software had not been installed, and a 100Base-T subsys tape had
not been included with the system.  I ended up having to borrow one with help
from our local HP office (thanks, Steve!) because SIDO wouldn't ship us a tape.

If you're installing PP7, too, you'll probably want to check with the HPRC to
see if any reactive patches applicable to this product have been released since
PP7.  Installing PP7 and any subsequent reactive patches will bring you up to
the latest and greatest revision levels.  You might also check with the Response
Center to see if the subsys must be installed first.  At the time we installed
ours, this was the only way to do it, according to HP.

Good luck!
Lee