HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:22:37 -0400
In December 1998, when HP announce that the Y2K compliant version of MPE/ix
is 5.5 express 4, we upgrade our HP3000 systems to this level and carried
out successful Y2K testing of our applications.

Lately, HP has published in its Y2K Website that the current Y2K compliant
version is 5.5 Express 7 or MPE/iX 6.0.

My question is, do we really have to upgrade to Express 7 or 6.0 for y2K
compliant? We are confident about our in-house Y2k application testing
at 5.5 Express 4 which follows internationally recommended standard tests
and in our production system we have not encountered any problem so far.

Besides, we want to stay on the current release because we do not have the
time and resource to do another Y2K application test on the new
release/version.

Any advice or idea for our situation would be much appreciated.

Regards
Simon Chong
HP3000 Support
Brunei Shell Petroleum Company