HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:14:00 -0400
"Holloway; Rich" <[log in to unmask]> on 9/21/1999 wrote:

> OK, let me be a little more specific. I want the disc as clean as
> possible and still usable.
>  <snip>

Rich,

The following job FORMAT23 was used when I sold off a bunch of 2GB F/W SCSI
drives.  Once the job completes, the disk will be left in an unknown state.  As
far as I know, that's about as clean as the disks get without going crazy.  Just
make sure that your disks are not mounted to an active volume set or the job
won't work.  You can launch several of these jobs at one time and format
different disks by supplying the appropriate LDEV number.

!JOB FORMAT23,MANAGER.SYS;OUTCLASS=LP,1
!
!VOLUTIL
 FORMATVOL 23