HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Bryan Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:44:38 -0500
BDY.TXT (24 lines)
Ok, time to revisit an old subject.  The last time this subject was
discussed (at least from what I can tell by searching the archives) was
July 1998.  At that time it was stated that cd-rom drives would not be
supported on the 3K's.  Is this still true?  I have a request to
archive data from 50 of our 3K's to cd and then allow read access to
that data.  I can setup jobs to automagically ftp the necessary files
to an NT box and burn the cd but I would like to mount the disk on the
3K and be able to programmatically access the files.  I could probably
kludge something together with Samba but I don't really want to support
it on 50 distributed systems.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Can we get confirmation of CSY's position
on cd-rom support?

About half of the systems already have cd-rom drives but I would need
to purchase new drives for the rest.  One of our guys was talking to
our distributor about pricing for the drives when we found out they
were no longer supported.

Thanks,
Bryan Greenberg
Interstate Brands Corporation