HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Ron Darling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Darling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:21:19 -0600
Karl,
   We installed a 8100DN about two months ago and it is doing wonderful.  It
replaced our old line printer.  It is networked to the HP3000 and is
controled
by a PC we have running Jet Admin.  On the HP 3000 we added an entry to the
npconfig file '15     (network_address=999.999.999.999)', where 15 is the
ldev
and 999.999.999.999 is replaced with the IP address.  You also need to set
up
the printed using 'ioconfig'.  The command would be something like
ad 15 id=hptcpjd path=none class=lp
lp can be replaced with what ever you have configured.  I think that you can
create classes in ioconfig.  We have had no problems so far.  Watch out
though,
under MPEiX 6.0, when you first boot, if a spoolfile goes to the printer
before
you bring up the network on the HP 3000, you could get a system abort.  We
have always had the 'outfence 14' command in our sysstart file, but somehow
we still get hit by this.  Hope this all makes sense and helps.

Ron Darling

* Ronald Darling, Data Processing Supervisor                *
* New Mexico Tumor Registry/Epidemiology and Cancer Control *
* Univeristy of New Mexico Health Sciences Center           *
* 2325 Camino de Salud, NE                                  *
* Albuquerque, NM  87131-5306                               *
* (505) 272-8580                                            *