HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Grace Ortscheid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:41:35 EST
John Burke writes:

Has anyone seen this before? Number of jobs executing = n but the
value of HPJOBCOUNT is n+1. It happened within the last 36 hours;
however, there were no system anomalies during that period. This
affects the operation of JLIMIT, effectively reducing it by one.

***************************
Over a year ago, we experienced this where job limit was 10 and only
9 would execute.  We logged a support call and was told that they
suspected that the high number of spool files in the queue (over
1000) had upset an internal table somewhere and that a reboot was the
only option.  They had no further info (quesses) than that.  It
appears they didn't even record the call.  If it helps, it
hasn't happened again since and we still average about 1200 spool
files in the queue at any time.

Grace Ortscheid
Numa Corporation