HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:02:37 -0700
Has anyone seen this before? Number of jobs executing = n but the value of
HPJOBCOUNT is n+1.
It happened within the last 36 hours; however, there were no system
anomalies during that period.
This affects the operation of JLIMIT, effectively reducing it by one.

This is a 959/400 on MPE/iX 5.5 PP5 plus some reactive patches. It has been
a fairly stable
environment for the last 9 months. I do not recall ever seeing this before
and a quick search of the
ESC and a call to the Response Center came up empty.

Undoubtedly a reboot will fix the problem. Of course I am loath to do that
so am applying a Band-Aid
to our procedures for the time being. And, there is probably no safe way to
dynamically fix
HPJOBCOUNT. I was just curious if anyone else has seen this.

John Burke
Pacific Coast Building Products
e-mail: [log in to unmask]