HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:42:26 -0500
No, I had a similar problem... and when I pressed zero to get to the
coordinator, there was complete and utter shock that I had been on hold so
long.

I think it is a glitch in their phone system.

Also, if you have an engineer trying to dial into your system that keeps
failing, but you and others can dial in with no problem, ask the engineer if
they are using the 'Gandalf' (not sure if this is the correct spelling)
port. If they are, ask them to try using the modem pool or whatever other
method they have. I spent a couple of weeks on this one fighting with my
phone company and HP and now have to be sure that when an engineer tries to
dial in that I make them aware of this.