HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:49:19 -0400
During my trials and tribulations of purchasing a new TV, I was peaked
by the new High Definition Televisions and started to do a little
research. I ran across a cool and very informative web site that I
thought I would pass along....

http://www.teleport.com/~samc/hdtv/

There is one paragraph that did scare me...

"Basic issues such as how the signal is modulated are still under debate
even though the FCC and broadcasters agreed on a standard (Vestigial
Sideband). Some believe it's worth it to trash all current HDTV sets and
start fresh. Dale Cripps has complete coverage of the debate."

Will I buy one? Nope. You can't even record a DTV broadcast on your
VCR.....Enjoy!

Rick Clark
Senior Analyst
WW&R