HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
claire Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
claire Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:17:06 -0400
Wilson,
We've been using an LPQ1200 for our central line printer for a number of years now and it gets a pretty good workout.  So far (knocking on wood) we haven't had any significant problems.  We also use several LPQ500s on campus...so far no problems.
Hope this helps.  Claire

Claire Pope
Director of Comp Oper & Spec Proj
Mary Washington College
1301 College Ave
Fredericksburg VA  22401

Phone:    (540) 654-2260
Fax:         (540) 654-1596
Email:       [log in to unmask]

>>> "Wong, Wilson" <[log in to unmask]> 09/21/99 07:39PM >>>
I have been asked to find out what others are doing to replace their HP
2563/2564 printers which are going to be obsoleted soon.  We have 40+ of
these printers located in-house and throughout the state.  Additionally, we
have a number of processes which print "hot" which will make the popular
choice of going to the LPQ series of printers not so popular.  In order to
print "hot" to the LPQ printers we will need to purchase DTC's for those
colleges who do not currently have one so that they may be connected
serially to do the "hot" print.  We have also heard reports of the LPQ
printers not being as "sturdy" as the good 'ol 2563's and 2564's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

wilson

Wilson Wong
HP3000 Systems Administrator
Center for Information Services
supporting Washington State's Community and Technical Colleges
3101 Northup Way, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA  98004
(425) 803-9764